Dear Catoro family,
When we found out that one member of our staff tested positive for Covid-19, we immediately announced we would close down until further notice.
Following this news, all of our staff got tested for Covid-19. We're very happy to announce that all of these tests came back negative.
We take hygiene and safety very seriously here at Catoro, and have been diligently following distancing and sanitization protocols. Thankfully, our Covid-19 safety protocols kept Catoro safe.
We have deep cleaned every inch of our store and we will be reopening tomorrow, November 24th.
From Monday to Thursday we will be open 1pm - 5pm.
From Friday to Sunday we will be open from 12pm - 6pm.
Our overhead costs are still high, and with a vastly reduced number of guests allowed in the Cat Forest, it has been a struggle to continue operating. So we are increasing our admission price by one dollar.
One 50 minutes admission will now be $17, and one 50 minute admission including a beverage of your choice will now be $20. We hope you will understand this decision. It helps us continue looking after the cats to a very high standard.
Thank you for your support during this challenging time. If you don’t feel ready to visit Catoro yet, we would hugely appreciate if you would consider our online store for cat supplies and gifts for the cat lovers in your life. Simply recommending our store to your friends and family is incredibly helpful, and we even have a referral program where you can both benefit.
If you would like to visit Catoro, we will continue to implement the safety standards that have kept Catoro safe:
- Face masks are mandatory in ALL areas of the store
- To reduce crowding on the cafe side, we have removed all cafe seating. If you get a drink by itself it will be TAKE OUT ONLY. Drinks are still allowed inside the Cat Forest if you have purchased an admission.
- We will be enforcing a max capacity of 4 people in the cafe side. There will be additional signage.
- If guests arrive more than 10 minutes prior to their appointment, we will ask them to wait outside or come back at the 10 minute mark.
- After you have checked in and ordered their drink, we will ask you to wait outside or at the bottom of the stairs if there's room (we can deliver your drinks when you are inside).
- Guests will be asked to practice social distancing and to occupy 1 zone at each time with their own private bubble
- Enhanced screening questions for all guests prior to entering Cat Forest
- Guests MUST sanitize or wash hands between petting each new cat.
- Signs in seating areas showing "sanitized" or "need to be sanitized" after being occupied.
We are aware that this is a difficult time for many people. Spending time with cats can be a therapeutic and relaxing activity to take your mind off daily stress, and improve your mental health. We also feel it is important to provide shelter to the many rescue cats that come through our doors, and to connect these cats to adopters.
We truly appreciate everything you do, your support makes it possible to keep looking after our rescue kitties, so thank you.
Nathan & the Catoro Team