Bubble Tea Barista/Host/Allrounder (Full Time)
Must love cats! Catoro cat cafe in East Vancouver is hiring a full-time barista/host to support our cafe/retail space and cat forest. This job is perfect for someone who loves to wear many hats and thrives in a bustling, guest-focused business. The ideal candidate is outgoing, friendly, passionate about cat rescue and loves working in a fast-paced environment.
Full-time, 32-40 hours a week. Weekend & evening availability is a non-negotiable requirement for this position.
Bubble Tea Cafe & Retail Space:
- Actively greet and assist guests in a warm, engaging manner
- Educate cat owners about our range of products
- Keep all products stocked and displays organized.
- Check guests into the cat forest
- Take customer orders and prepare drinks
- Accurately process all payments
- Assist customers with picking up online orders
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area
- Kitchen duties include brewing teas, preparing tapioca pearls, and maintaining a clean and safe work environment at all times.
Cat Forest Host:
- Monitor customers in the cat forest to ensure cats are being handled appropriately and complying with Catoro house rules.
- Actively engage with customers in the cat forest, assist and answer any questions.
- Provide a safe, clean, organized, and pleasant experience for cats and customers.
- Follow and maintain cleaning, sanitation, and disease prevention protocols in order to provide a safe, clean environment in the cat forest. This includes a LOT of litter box cleaning.
- Monitor cats' health, rapidly identify any issues, and report to manager.
- Monitor behavior of cats and rapidly identify any issues that may require special action and report to manager.
- Educate customers about cat adoption process and assist them throughout
- Facilitate good adoption matches through conversation and help set realistic expectations of time, care, and financial commitment.
- Coordinate with colleagues and volunteers to ensure customers have the best experience possible, and cats are given the utmost care.
- General back-of-the-house duties throughout the shift.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada
- Must have valid Food Safety Certification
- Ability to be in constant contact with cats. You cannot be allergic to cats.
- Ability to handle cats of all sizes, ages, temperaments, and needs safely and appropriately
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak in front of groups of people, including children
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, squatting, bending, lifting, stooping, carrying, and reaching.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
What We Offer
- You get to hang out with 30+ adoptable rescue cats
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Free bubble tea drinks while on shift
- Staff discount on retail products
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and send us your resume and a cover letter introducing who you are and why you would be a great fit for our team at Catoro.
Please note that due to the volume of resumes received, only those chosen to move on to the next phase of hiring will be contacted.